Wareham,the “Gateway to Cape Cod, ” is located on the south coast of Massachusetts at the head of Buzzards Bay. The town has all the amenities of a small seacoast town with easy access to the cities of Boston and Providence.
Wareham offers more than 54 miles of coastline with beautiful beaches,estuaries, rivers, ponds and cranberry bogs. These beautiful natural resources are a contrast to a vibrant, growing community with active main streets. This town of 20,000 residents offers a distinctive social and economic mix, living in homes that range from stately mansions to modest cottages. Likewise, businesses range from high-tech industry to traditional boat building.
The schools in Wareham are forward-thinking and technologically advanced. The superintendent leads with a clear mission and goals. Our desire is for students to leave Wareham academically prepared for the future, having also developed a strong sense of the need for community service.
For prospective employees, the school district offers:
- A teacher-mentor program
- Course reimbursement up to $1000 per year per teacher
- Professional development opportunities toward re-certification
- After-school courses and workshops
- Extended day and extended year teaching opportunities
- Opportunity for summer curriculum work
- Opportunity to work with students as a coach or in extracurricular activities
- 67 1/2% of health insurance costs covered
- Town to pay a percentage of medical insurance once retired