Homeless Education

If you need help getting your child into school, viagra contact:

Wareham Public Schools District Homeless Liaison
Dr. Beverly Shea
508-291-3543 (Fax)

Homeless Liaison Secretary
Roe Linzee
508-291-3500 ext 3511
508-291-3543 (Fax)

Every Child Without a Permanent Home has a Right to an Education

If you live in a shelter, sick motel, and vehicle, campground, on the street, in an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate accommodations; or with friends or relatives because you cannot find or afford housing, then your child has certain rights and protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act.

Your child has the right to:

  • Access the same free and appropriate public education, including a public preschool education, as provided to all other children
  • Remain in the school he/she attended before becoming homeless
  • Receive transportation to the school he/she attended before becoming homeless or the school he/she last attended if you or a guardian requests such transportation
  • Enroll in school without giving a permanent address. Schools cannot require proof of residency that might prevent or delay school enrollment
  • Enroll and attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of school and immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment
  • Enroll and attend classes in the school of your choice even while the school and you seek to resolve disputes over enrolling your child
  • Receive the same special programs and services, if needed, as provided to all other children


Other helpful resources
If you have any questions or need help with appeal,

Please contact the homeless liaison above or:

The Department of Education State Coordinator

Elizabeth Harris, Student Support

Sarah Slautterback, State Coordinator

Program Phone Number:  (781) 338-6294
Email Address:  HomelessEd@doe.mass.edu

The Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless
(866) 205-1700 x100 (Toll-free)